Mahdi is our Chief Executive and Technology Officer, who steers Technology Leads across both execution and technology landscapes. Mahdi has
over 16 years of experience across all SDLC stages and has been leading engineering teams and platforms in various industries.
In his previous role, as Chief Software Engineer at Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Mahdi has led technology and operational transformations of monolithic assets with around thousands of features, and
cultural transformation of teams with 130+ engineers in Distributed Agile Environments across different time zones. In summary, he has led transformations over the course of his career
with the below outcomes:
- Created cloud-native application development strategies by leveraging the latest configuration, secret and network policy management practices
- Established and led modernisations programs at scale to move win-based monolithic assets to Mobile and API-first Cloud-native Micro-Services based architecture
for legacy assets with around thousands of features while embedding all the best engineering, architecture, QA, and UX patterns and standards
- Established and led Cloud adoption programs to move Micro-Services based platforms to containerised PaaS environments including all the dev-sec-ops codified pipelines to automate attestations, risk, governance, and quality control practices to enable daily continuous delivery cycles
- Migration of CBA's workload from Windows OS to Linux to reduce cost of Run and Ownership
- Created a technically strong and culturally diverse, dynamic and passionate distributed engineering team of 130 engineers across 25 scrum teams
Mahdi has a proven track record in leading large engineering teams, driving software transformation initiatives at scale, uplifting engineering core capabilities and also cultural transformation across enterprise
platforms such as CBA Mobile and Branch teams. He has managed and led Distributed Agile teams, in addition to driving Architecture, Design, CI/CD and Development of Enterprise Systems.
Mahdi has also been actively involved in organisations' partnering strategy, establishing effective operating models and enabling teamwork and collaboration across onshore/offshore teams.